Quick one, friends.
1. I’m struggling with Internet network here. That’s I’ve not been able to respond to comments and some messages. The posts you get to read actually go through many trials before scaling through. Kindly bear with me.
2. A young woman in Lagos whose life intersects mine is a year older today. I had earlier planned to take her to the Cinema today. But, as we know, I’m out of town. Kindly, on my behalf, send her birthday wishes here–>08109097xxx.
3. In the line of duty yesterday in Maiduguri, I received a call from Ekiti. My very good friend whom we share everything together lost his sister, my sister by extension. I am bereaved. But I am trying not to let this affect my mission. Kindly, on my behalf, send your prayers to him here–>08034138xxx
4. In the first hour that I arrived here, many calls have been asking when I will return. This project is more-or-less self-sponsored o. To fly Maiduguri to Lagos is N45,000. See Medview Airlines website. I’m to return to Abuja anyway; some 25k for the ticket. So, the next time you wanna ask me when am I returning, ensure you ask for my email so you send the details of my flight you’ve paid for. LOL
5. There’s this part of the story I weep as I pen it. If God spares these hands, we will have it here.
6. A bomb went off in Maiduguri last night. And as I type this, the bridge linking Gwoza to Maiduguri has been destroyed by the terrorists, and there’s an ongoing attack. People in Gwoza are now stranded, and unable to move over to Maiduguri.
(C) Femi Owolabi 2015